How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6437
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

We received a letter from the bank that out account will be

Customer Question

We received a letter from the bank that out account will be closed and we contacted them so the remaining funds could be moved out of the account which they stalled for over a month. Last week, companies house struck off the business because of late annual returns and the bank still refused to give back our funds even though we've been requesting long before it was due. How can we get our money back from the bank
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, the business has been struck off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has now been struck off on the 7th of November. We have been requesting to have the funds transferred way before being struck rd off
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Sure. However the only way you can get funds is that they are paid to the Company. You cant do that whilst it is struck off.

You need to apply to restore the Company then and only then can you get the funds from the bank to the company.

The funds wont be paid to you personally as they dont belong to you, they belong to the company.

Therefore you need to restore the company to get the money

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Please how do I restore the company?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You need to make an application to Court using form N208:

There will be a hearing and a Judge will decide whether to restore the company

Does that clarify?