How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6428
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

I'm owed £1600. From a work colleague, It's been over half a

Customer Question

I'm owed £1600. From a work colleague,
It's been over half a year, he lost his job but has been back in work for a while now and agreed to pay me half end of October and failed. He keeps knocking me, but keeps saying I have the money, never get it, I have proof in bank transfer and some text messages, can I get all texts from EE and get this in court.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Do the text messages confirm that he owes you the money? Do you know where he lives?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on both, the text messages are him asking for the money and me replying it's in your account transferred
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in work, so message is easy pls
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.

Ok no problem, yes you can take action to recover the money. You should first send a recorded delivery letter to his home address to say that he owes you the money and that he has failed on promises to repay. The letter should state that you give him 14 days to repay you in full and that if they his does not you will bring a claim in the Small claims court. This is known as a letter before action.

If he fails to repay then you can lodge a claim at

Hopefully he will repay but if he does not the claim will sort it out, make sure you keep your evidence.

If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer thank you and all the best.

Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything further you would like to know about this?