How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I live in a 2 bedroom secure tenancy council flat which is

Customer Question

Dear sir/madam. I live in a 2 bedroom secure tenancy council flat which is involved in a regeneration program, my problem is when this takes place there only going to give me a one bedroomed I am quite happy paying the stethoscope tax of 22 pounds a week which I have been doing for the last 2 yrs,my question is is there anywhere in that secure tenancy agreement that says that they can reduce the number of bedrooms you have,I thought that being that the government is involved in this I thought there policy would get what you got basis,and not a local council decision. I was hoping you could help me as I have exhausted every other avenue. Of course the I can't get anywhere with my local council, just need someone unbiased to help who knows about the things many thanks Mr.Paul Sinclaire.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's fine to hold on thanks for your time.
Mr Paul. Sinclaire.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello Paul my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jamie I can't ask you to continue unfortunately I can't afford it,ia parsley blind on benefits, so thanks for your help so far.all the best Mr.S inclaire
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You dont have to take a phone call, some people prefer it.

But at this stage all I need to know is what is it you want to achieve?