How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Me and my wife have very recently separated, she hasnt

Customer Question

me and my wife have very recently separated, she hasnt anwered my calls yesterday, and i have only been told this morning that she and my 3 children have moved 2.5hrs away. she has completely emptied the marital home of furniture etc. i have no forwarding address for my kids. what can i do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-How old are the children?

-Are there any court orders in place regarding them?

-Has she changed their schools too?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi .. we live in england. The children are 10. 8 and 6. And yes they have moved schools. I have spoken to their old school who initially didnt kniw anything about the relication. Since then the old school have spiken to my wife and say the children are move to new school but my wife has told them not to tell me where. She has said to me they have moved to durham(her father lives there) I have no address for them. There are no court orders. I have never been violent or abusive to either her or the kids. She has taken every bit of paperwork with her ..(and everything thing else )out of the house and refuses to answer calls or texts. Ee have a mortgage and bills to sort ir we will be black listed. I even have a buyer for the hoyse but shes not anseering that message either. She also wont let me even speak to my kuds on the phone ..nevermind see them.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for the further information. In the circumstances I would suggest that you make a referral to an independent mediator (you can find local ones here: The mediator will assist you both in reaching an amicable agreement that is in the children's best interests. If mediation does not help, then you will be able to pursue an application to court under Form C100 together with a £215 court fee to your local family court for a child arrangement order and the court can make a decision regarding the matter. For your information the Court will take into consideration the following when making a decision regarding the application:

1. The wishes and feelings of the child concerned
2. The child’s physical, emotional and educational needs
3. The likely effect on the child if circumstances changed as a result of the courts decision
4. The child’s age, sex, backgrounds and any other characteristics which will be relevant to the court’s decision
5. Any harm the child has suffered or may be at risk of suffering
6. Capability of the child’s parents (or any other person the courts find relevant) at meeting the child’s needs
7. The powers available to the court in the given proceedings

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you