How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10743
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

Being the owner of a leasehold retirement appartment.for

Customer Question

being the owner of a leasehold retirement appartment.for which i pay communal
charges how can i ask for means of
checking that annual charges are reasonable
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.


Under the terms of your Lease, you should be entitled to see a copy of the yearly service charge accounts. These accounts set out how much money has been spent and on what items. Unless you are a Building expert, it may not be possible for you to know for sure that any costs incurred are reasonable, but by the same token, the Freeholder/Managing Agents are only entitled to charge each resident for any costs properly incurred by them.

I hope this helps you, but please let me know if you require any further clarification.

Kind Regards


Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, can I assist you any further? Al