How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a situation my parents got devorced and my mother was

Customer Question

I have a situation my parents got devorced and my mother was made to sign over half off our home as it was only in her name he did not pay anything for the property he was a very violent man so she was scared not to sign it to him my mother has recently passed away and now my father is taking us to court for his half of the property even tho we have not seen him for 25 years and has paid not £1 in the property surly he is not entitle to our home? please can you give me some advice
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: please see above
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Who actually owns the property?

Was there a Court Order relating to the property?