How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

A neighbour with a history of harrasment to my 81 year old

Customer Question

A neighbour with a history of harrasment to my 81 year old mum who now has dementia, has complained about builders I have employed that are in the process erecting as much needed garden wallls (non party)and much steps for safe access.
From experience she has a habit of making complaints and follows it up with treatng the individual with itimidation disrespect and anti social behavour. She has complainedabout dust and the length of time they are taking. The buildiders have offered to make amends at their cost, but continues to be unreasonable. I feel she is intimidating the builders to such an extent they may down tools and leave.
As she any rights to stop them carrying out the job I have employed them to do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

You and the builder can report this to the police as harassment.

You are entitled to to carry out the works on your land. in order to stop you/your builder would be by injunction. your neighbour would have to go to court for an order and claim the works cause nuisance. the neighbour would have to claim that the works are causing unreasonable interference with the neighbour's use and enjoyment of their land.