How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask propertylawyer Your Own Question
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 288
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Type Your Law Question Here...
propertylawyer is online now

I have a joint commercial mortgage that i have paid for 8

Customer Question

i have a joint commercial mortgage that i have paid for 8 yrs now with no contribution from the other party as we went our own way 5 yrs ago.
i have tried in the past to remove him from the mortgage as i pay it but the bank 9 Natwest ) couldnt do this.
however the bank rang me a while ago telling me my ex buisness partner had gone bankrupt which i didnt know, the bank manager informed me to my surprise i can have him taken off the mortgage now.
he tried explaining to me why but i got lost in all the Jargon.
he told me to get a solicitor to ring him and he would advise how to go around it, is this something you can do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately not. this is a question and answer service only.

You will need to instruct a solicitor to handle your matter.