How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I am no longer seeing my daughters aged 11 and 13. My ex

This answer was rated:

I am no longer seeing my daughters aged 11 and 13. My ex tells me they don't want to see me because they are annoyed i had an daughter a year ago with my new wife. I have suggested mediation, meet up with my ex and the girls together - no to all suggestions. I have spoken to a specialist in this area and my divorce lawyer, seems that there is no options being put forward to resolve this. All I am told is that I need to wait and see if they will change their minds. The eldest daughter will soon be a year since I have seen her and 4 months for the younger daughter.
Interested in another opinion.

In the circumstances you would need to initially make a referral to an independent mediator (you can find local ones here: The mediator will assist you both in reaching an amicable agreement that is in the children's best interests. If mediation does not help, then you will be able to pursue an application to court under Form C100 together with a £215 court fee to the main carer's local family court for a child arrangement order and the court can make a decision regarding the matter. For your information the Court will take into consideration the following when making a decision regarding the application:

1. The wishes and feelings of the child concerned
2. The child’s physical, emotional and educational needs
3. The likely effect on the child if circumstances changed as a result of the courts decision
4. The child’s age, sex, backgrounds and any other characteristics which will be relevant to the court’s decision
5. Any harm the child has suffered or may be at risk of suffering
6. Capability of the child’s parents (or any other person the courts find relevant) at meeting the child’s needs
7. The powers available to the court in the given proceedings

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Harris and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 35 years

Please note that this is in addition to not instead of what you have been told above

The ages of the Children are a problem for you as they are of an age when the courts will respect their wishes - if they truly are their wishes.

for that reason chose a mediator trained to work with young people so that their real wishes can be brought to the discussions