Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I received a single justice procedure notice for uninsured

I received a single justice procedure notice for uninsured vehicle, the outcome of the case was a fine. Does this affect my eligibility to apply for UK citizenship ?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you settle before it went to Court, or was this imposed by the Court?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was imposed by the court. The court sent me a plea by post form, and the outcome of the case was a fine. See attachment please

Thanks. Yes it is a Court conviction. As such you DO need to declare it on the good character question

Does that clarify?

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your prompt. That means I am not eligable to apply for UK citizenship at the moment, does not it?

Sadly not. You do not meet the requirements.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks very much for your help. I got the information I needed.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!