How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11865
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

I have been living in England for 29 years and six months,

Customer Question

I have been living in England for 29 years and six months, how can I request residence status?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.


What nationality are you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also be told my residence is active, just need the card in order to get british citizen ship. ..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please clarify the paper work I need to follow? !
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.


You will need to submit an application for permanent residence.

You will need to prove that you have been exercising treaty rights for at least 5 years preceding the date of application.

You will need to to provide documents such as:

Pay slips, P60's, Bank Statements, Evidence of where you have been living, details of any family members, photographs, correspondence from the last 5 years, this can be a few letters from each year.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards