How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I already pay a min of 400 a month on seeing my two girls.

This answer was rated:

I already pay a min of 400 a month on seeing my two girls. They have different mums one lives 80 miles away and feul is in that 400 but nothing else e.g school clothes trips etc I will always go halfs on stuff thats needed. My eldest child of 9 years mum is fine with our arrangement but my youngest of 6 years mum just decided its not enough even tho i do all the driving which is 80 miles one way thats a min of 640 miles a month. I believe i do and give enough

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm:

-What is your gross salary?

-How often, on average, does each child stay overnight with you each week?

-Do you have any other children in your care, if so how many?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can vary cos im a roofer and weather effects. But can usally gaurantee 500. I have them both all weekend every other week and during school holidays plus other times when needed. I have two kids from seperate mums.

Please confirm what your gross salary was for the last tax year?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does any of wat ive said matter or does it just come down to what i earn

Apologies for the delay in responding.
On the information you have provided you have a legal obligation to pay each mother £58 per week child maintenance. Anything in addition to this will be voluntary by you and you do not have to pay it.

In relation to the travel time and costs, and you would be entitled to reduce the liability by the costs of travel to see the girls given the distance they live.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thats ok i more than cover that amount as i pay a minimum of 400 a month so i will not worry. Thanks

No worries, I hope it goes well. If you have any questions in the future you can ask for me directly by starting your question For Harris
In the meantime if you found my information provided helpful please could provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you