How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukvisasolutions Your Own Question
ukvisasolutions, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 67
Experience:  Immigration Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukvisasolutions is online now

Both me and my Ex are on Tier 2 work visa(Both doctors) and

Customer Question

Hi, Both me and my Ex are on Tier 2 work visa(Both doctors) and have divorced and received my decree absolute.I have remarried to a british citizen through religious ceremony and want to register it to a civil marriage.Can you please help me as to how to get it done?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukvisasolutions replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your query.

To get married, your partner and you both need to go to your Registrar to give the notice to get married.

Under the new law, you will have to wait for 70 days to clear before you can get married. During this process, your relationship could be assessed via marriage interview with the Home Office. If the Home Office has no issues or they conduct an interview with you and your partner, and they have no issues, then you get married. Once you are married, you will need to satisfy Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.

More information can be found here:

Please do not forget to rate my answer.


Expert:  ukvisasolutions replied 11 months ago.

Please kindly rate my answer