How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12174
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

We let a room out to a tenant. he then had his girl friend

Customer Question

we let a room out to a tenant. he then had his girl friend staying there constantly. they have abandond the property oweing rent arrears. can i put a ccj on the female who was not on the tenancy
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Unfortunely there is no legal basis for you suing the girlfriend. Your contract is with the tenant, not his girlfriend and you can only sue him. Sorry about that but I hope that answers your question. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.