How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6408
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

We have paid a deposit for a lease car £4750, which was

This answer was rated:

Hi We have paid a deposit for a lease car £4750, which was £4000 upfront deposit and £750 first months payment. We are still yet to receive the paper work or the vehicle. We have been told lots of different lies and i haven't signed anything.
The original form was completed to request for the car, we then had an email to confirm it had been approved, then we was asked that the deposit was paid to secure the car. The money has now been with Limitless leasing for 3 weeks and no further on are we to receiving the paperwork or car. Linkedin now show a number of customers int he same situation as myself. I have asked for a refund and they keep saying give me another few days. I just want a refund now as they cant be trusted in my eye.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Did you do the deal at a distance or at the showroom?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Over email and phone.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They asked me to secure the car by paying the deposit. Now they say their supplier is delayed in sending over the paper work

How did you pay the deposit?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
By bacs transfer

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will this need to be sent by post or email? do I send it recorded delivery and signed for? after the 14 days we proceed is that correct?

ideally by post in case they ignore email. Yes after 2 weeks you proceed.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you. Do you think we will get our money back

I think you have an arguable case.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you