Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have a question regarding the csa and maintenance. Do you

I have a question regarding the csa and maintenance. Do you deal with those issues please
Tony
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, thank you for your enquiry - please confirm what the issue is and your question and I should be able to assist

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi . Just need to confirm first, is this costing me £27 for every question I ask ?

No - it is a single payment

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Harris. My issue with the csa is ; last may I called them to tell them my son is no longer in further ed ( he was 19 then) and do I need to continue paying maintenance. I was told yes until my ex partner informs them of the change. I told them she was hardly likely to do that and they said they would do a family allowance check but I would still have to pay until the end of summer term. I said ok and continued with d/d payments. I was told to phone back beginning of September. I did and they still hadn't checked. Was told to call back in a weeks time. I did and was told it could take a further few weeks to find out but to still keep paying maintenance. I did .it wasn't until 7th oct that they told me to cancel my d/d payments, which I did after being assured numerous times it was ok to do so , and the I had made £599.22 in overpayments and did I want to claim it back. Obviously I said yes but were they correct because I know from past experiences how incompetent they are. I was assured numerous times it was correct and I would get the money back by xmas and my case was now closed. I was told this verbally and in letters which I have. I received the money in my account just before Xmas and then out of the blue 6 months later I receive a letter stating I am £600 in arrears and I need to pay them back. They have been phoning me telling me I need to pay the arrears and sending letters. I asked them how I can be in arrears when I was in credit last year because surely its impossible to be in credit and in arrears at the same time and why 6 months after my case is closed it's being opened again. They won't say anything other than I'm in arrears and I need to pay. I have asked them to send me audio copies of all of my phone conversations dating back to may last year. I have written a detailed letter to their complaints team outlining all my issues with them and the despicable way they have dealt with me . Do you have any further advice or suggestions. These people are killing me.

Apologies for the delay. The CSA are not very helpful and their systems and operations have been criticised by a lot of users. You have done all you can do and I would suggest that you continue to chase them regarding your complaint.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you