How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a property which was purchased in my friends name

Customer Question

i have a property which was purchased in my friends name solely but he got into financial problems and has sinced changed his name and got back on track and is stable again.The problem is i want the property in my name but he hasnt got any ID for his old name which he used in purchasing it originally.What can we do???This happened 5yrs ago.I am worried i will lose the property!!!!
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How was the property paid for and how did he change his name?