How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32326
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am trying to help a friend update his Will. Can I please

Customer Question

I am trying to help a friend update his Will.
Can I please check if it is advisable to include the following extended trustee powers that were in the original -
1) Include a professional charging clause
2) Extended powers of maintenance & advancement
3) Extended powers of investment
4) Extend powers of appropriation without consent
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

In over view what is your friend doing with his estate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a straightforward Will with wife and children inheriting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clare I am just checking if you are able to answer this question?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the delay

Who are being named as Executors and are the children under 18?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
His wife is the executor and has two children one is under 18.
Thank you