How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10974
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

If I buy land in Dominican rep can I live there

This answer was rated:

if I buy land in Dominican rep can I live there

1. Dear Jean, investment in land in the Dominican Republic is a sound investment if you can ensure you have a good attorney to represent you, as there is a lot of fraud in the duplication of title deeds in the Dominican Republic. It is possible to buy property there irrespective of whether you have the right to live there or not. However, to answer your question, the purchase of land in the Dominican Republic does not of itself give the right to live there. Essentially, there are four grounds upon you can acquire the right to live there if you purchase land there. Firstly, if you are retired and have an income which is sufficient to support yourself. Secondly, if you invest in the Dominican Republic, there is an investor's visa granted. This would suit you if you intend to invest in land. Thirdly, if you are a rentier and own property in the Dominican Republic which is rented out and which earns you an income more than sufficient to live upon. Finally, Dominican Republic law allows for the acquisition of residency if you have family members who are Dominican or if you can show it is necessary for family reunification. Marriage is a ground here which can satisfy this test. The laws are very similar to Spain or other Spanish speaking countries.

2. Please accept or rate the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.

Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you