How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6452
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I disputed a late filing penalty with Companies House, and

This answer was rated:

I disputed a late filing penalty with Companies House, and said that if they took it to court, I would defend it. I then received a default judgement for a claim I had not received and discovered it had gone out about the time we changed registered office. This change was notified to Companies House in good time - certainly for them to have informed the court or send me a copy of the claim, but they did not do so. I was horrified to find that it would cost more to have the judgement set aside than the total claim, so am thinking of paying, then commencing a small claims action against companies house for recovery of the sum in the County Court. Can I do this?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

When was judgment please?

Jamie-Law and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
16th May - but I was away for a couple of weeks and only saw it yesterday.

I am just on the train, can I call later? If so, until what time?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Probably better to call my mobile - +44779669460. Then any time is convenient.

I have done get back until after 10pm so thought too Kate to call. When would be good today?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Any time up to 10.45 then after 14.00 - and sorry, I notice the last digit missing from my mobile. Should be +447796694601. Either phone will be ok.