How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12079
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Question is- if our share of my Mother's house were to have

Customer Question

My follow up question is- if our share of my Mother's house were to have been willed to our Step Father, would my Brother and I be able to contest such a decision?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

No, only if your mother was forced into doing so whilst in a state of weakness. This is called facility and circumvention. Normally a testator can leave heritable property to whoever they want.