How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have pursued a Divorce after buying a House outright in

Customer Question

I have pursued a Divorce after buying a House outright in France last year.
I have to return to the Uk to start over with no home or job.
I have the money for now from the sale the the Uk property which was sold at a loss
without a mortgage. I fear for my future. I am female 53 and without a job.
I have cared for a man for so long I lost my sense of reason.
Would I be wise to buy a small flat outright in the southeast and avoid renting
just to survive until I hopefully find a job.
I have been a victim of Domestic Abuse and mental cruelty and contacted the police in the Uk I should not have left the Uk. Can I get Council help realistically as the waiting lists are long. I am very fragile. Sara
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:
-Are you in England or Wales?
-How old are you both?
-How long have you been married?
-Do you have any children together, if so their ages and proposed arrangements?

-What other assets and pensions do you both have (both sole and joint), together with values?
-What are your respective incomes?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am in France I am 53 my husband is 70 married 10 years lived together 26 years total no children
Only State Pension to live on and no income for me unemployed 5 years caring for my husbands medical problems
before leaving the uk last year. I have a work Pension.