How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35058
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am really worried. My husband of 30 years started an

Customer Question

I am really worried. My husband of 30 years started an affair with a woman 30 years younger than me. it was discovered by my daughter. He asked her not to tell me but she could not do this and made him confront me with the truth. I was devastated that my family was to be destroyed. We have three beautiful grown up daughters. He had a series of affairs 10 years previous with women who he had met on the internet, but after much counselling we decided to keep our family together. So this latest revelation left me completely traumatised.
I decided to divorce him. This was three and a half years ago. since then he has been dodging and diving to delay the financial settlement. eventually i made the decision to issue court proceedings to bring closure to the agony.
unfortunately, due to the emotional agony i was going through I messaged his mistress on facebook with what he is now calling threats.
I am concerned what the court will make of this after all I have been through? I am really worried, cannot sleep. What is the worse case scenario?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am extremely worried as you can see by the time i am unable to sleep. please answer soon, i paid for this service to get an urgent reply
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question - can you explain what exactly you have sent on FB and and when was this?

Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 35 years.

Nothing you have posted on facebook will have any impact on the financial settlement at all - the family court will not deem it as relevant if he tries to bring it up.

However you should not make any other attempt to contact her in any way as if you did she would be able to ask the Police to deal with it as Criminal Harassment

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details