How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35088
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I there. When I was a student 29 years ago, a friend asked

Customer Question

i there. When I was a student 29 years ago, a friend asked me to by a steiff teddy bear on my student Barclay card and report it stolen and he would pay me £100 of the £150 price of the bear, I did this, although I did not really want to and have never done anything illegal since. I have since paid the money back stating the lost item was returned to me. I know this will sound crazy but should I also tell the police what happened or would they just think I was crazy or would they prosecute? And what would that involve? Thank you.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Please so not let this pray on your mind.

You have refunded the money and the police would not take any action as the statute of limitations means they cannot do so - even if they wished to - which they would not

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

You are most welcome