How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1384
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I need some adbice and information regarding who has

Customer Question

I need some adbice and information regarding who has Parental Responsibilty in a very unique situation
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am asking is i am pretty sure his his mum has PR now dad is deceased because from what i remember she still had PR but dad had final say. It wasn't something mum was in any kind of position to push for due to the fact her social services were removing her children form her care and she had supervised visits until the supervision order ended in april 2015 and then it was up to my husband to arrange and allow contact and if she would be trustworthy she didn;t have one on one contact until christmas 2016. So is a mum with PR but also considered a risk by social care and has 1 of her 5 children with her on a child protection order which recently she did not adhere to, is she still able to dictate where my step son lives who he sees etc
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 9 months ago.


Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

I can confirm that the final order made was a private law order and as such the mother still retains parental responsibility.

I cannot see that the order confers parental responsibility on any step parent - was an additional agreement reached with the mother?

If you don't have such an agreement then you need to seek PR quickly if the child still lives with you - consider applying to the court urgently for a Child Arrangements Order.

I think that the court will be very sympathetic to your situation - especially given that it took 18 months for the mother to see even the child for a contact.

The court will want to retain the status quo and stability of the child residing with you.

You need to apply using Form C100 urgently to your local family court. The court fee is £215. Explain you need PR quickly and ask for an urgent hearing.

kind regards


Please kindly remember to star rate our service so that we receive credit for helping you today

Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 9 months ago.

I note that this question remains unrated - Please do kindly remember to star rate. When you star rate your question remains open and I can answer your follow up questions for free.