How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6461
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I bought some concert tickets from *** ** LTD, unknowing my

Customer Question

Hello, I bought some concert tickets from *** ** LTD, unknowing my wife had bought the same tickets from the concert promoter direct at a cheaper price. I messaged *** straight back to say o would like a refund, asking them to refer to the 1979 Sale of Goods act, 1974 Consumer Credit act or 2014 Consumer Contracts Regulations, and that i would like to exercise my rights for a 14-day refund for online purchases. They stated that these did not apply to them as the tickets are a time sensitive purchase. The event is the 17th August 2017. Are they allowed to not give me a refund? Nathan ***

Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello Nathan my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

They are correct. The Consumer Rights Act 2015 does not apply to things like concert tickets. However if you wanted to bring a small claim anyway I will outline the process.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.