How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

We had a CCJ placed against us and need help filling in the

Customer Question

We had a CCJ placed against us and need help filling in the N244 form to get it set aside. We paid two amounts to the company invoved, one the outstanding and another which we believed was the court fee (it was within pennies of the other amount so there was a bit of confusion. This was on the 20th December just before we left for a months holiday. On returning we had a letter from the court asking for the (almost exact) same amount but it was 1 day after the 30 day period which would have meant no CCJ. I have all the supporting documentation, emails, back statments, etc. to back this up so would hope they would be leanient and set it aside for us. I believe there's no way to get it removed completely but if there is then i would like to persure it. Please let me know what you can do/suggest and how much (apart from the £255 application fee to the courts) in order to do this.
Many thanks
***** ****************
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello James my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you have a defence to the claim?