How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12067
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

We have been offered a second loan on one of our English BTL

Customer Question

Hello, We have been offered a second loan on one of our English BTL properties. The lender, as I am over 70, want a Solicitor's Independent Advise for completed by a solicitor. The lender is Masthaven. Our Scottish conveyancer says that it is out of her jurisdiction and I should use an English solicitor. As I live in the Scottish Highlands this not so easy. My question is that does it have to be and England based firm of solicitors or will a Scottish solicitor suffice. After all if we were living in Spain ........
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. The advice has to be from an English lawyer as that is where the property is. There is no choice here, you will need to appoint an English solicitors.