F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

Is Zurich, acting on behalf of Swindon Borough Council,

Is Zurich, acting on behalf of Swindon Borough Council, correct in stating that "a Highway Authority has a statutory defence, under s.58 Highways Act 1980, if it can demonstrate that it was not at fault in respect of a defect that demonstrate this by showing that it operates a reasonable system of inspection, maintenance and repair." ? The Insurers providing a document indicating an inspection carried out on 30 November 2016 as evidence did not record a pothole some 21"x8"x2.25"deep which caused a pedestrian injury on 12 January 2017 and the submission of a claim against the Authority.
Should a claim be pursued through the small claims court?

Hello - what is your claim for please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not receive any advice to my first request, hence my new inquiry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is your advice please?