How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Very complicated matter. year old female, caring for

Customer Question

Very complicated matter. 69 year old female, caring for disabled son in the family home which is in husbands name, as are the rest of the finances. Requires a divorce, after 49 years of marriage. Husband showing signs of Alzheimers and becoming more abusive.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Blackburn Lancashire
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: Cannot think of anything at the moment, but struggling to pay for a solicitor as husband controls the finances
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much are the assets worth and how old is your son?