How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6410
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

A Business premises I sustained impact damage rendering it

Customer Question

a Business premises I sustained impact damage rendering it structurally unsafe, the vehicle (lorry) was owned by a company who has admitted liability (drove of but was witnessed), They have put it throught thier insurance company, however, almost 2 years later nothing has been done. the claim is being handled by an insurance company appointed loss adjuster, where I have heard nothing from them or the insured, I have obtained a quote and recently instructed another builder (who as yet to start), I sent a invoice last month for loss of rent and associated clear up fencing costs, circa £11K and gave notice I will be instrcting builders to carry out the works estimate £13.5K ongoing rental income loss £500 p/m.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Bristol UK
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I spoke with the loss adjusters, they have had a report and quote in Feb this year, however, only just receved the instruction from the insurance company and are about to instruct thier builders, however, I have already instucted my own sourced builders due to the lack of responce, they have said fine they will make a report ?
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have sent a 7 day notice of proceedings letter for the loss of rental element with no response ? I am about to issue money claim for this element to provake a responce
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you issued proceedings at all?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not yet
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Anyone there ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No proceedings yet, I dont want a live phone call
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 months ago.

Sorry I was just in Court.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 months ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.