How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

One question, I am recently divorced and have two children

Customer Question

one question, I am recently divorced and have two children with my ex wife, 16 year old daughter and a 12 year old son, I have just given my ex £500 for maintenance is this too much because if so i will give her what i should and open accounts for my children and put the rest in their
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Maidenhead Berkshire
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no CSA are not involved it was a verbal agreement
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a final salary pension that she 14 years the time we were married, we have known each other since 1995 and i brought her two young sons up
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:
-How old are you both?
-How long have you been married?
-What assets and pensions do you both have (both sole and joint), together with values?
-What are your respective incomes?

-How often do the children stay overnight with you each week on average?

Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.