How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I took a catalogue account out in my sons name and defaulted

Customer Question

I took a catalogue account out in my sons name and defaulted on it. I have now paid it. The debt was 250. I need to own up to what I've done as my son is starting uni and needs a student bank account which he can't get with a default on his credit report. What should I do. I'm frightened of going to prison
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Has it been reported to the police?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No not yet
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

are you asking what the sentence would be?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm not sure how to go about owning up to it and yes I'm worried that I'll go to prison
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello. Are you still there
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 months ago.
You have opted out the Expert, which means they can no longer respond to the question.
I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
please find me a new expert
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi. Have you found anyone to help me yet. If not please refund me