How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10478
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have sold a holiday static caravan for the sum of £6.000

This answer was rated:

I have sold a holiday static caravan for the sum of £6.000 (six thousand pounds) As the caravan is sited on a large caravan park Magurie Developments own the park They take 10% from the sale. I agreed the price and I would receive £5.400 ( Five thousand four hundred pounds).
I sold it on the Friday 30th June. The Manager of the sire said my money should be in my account by Tuesday 4th July ? By Wednesday 5th I phone him to say I still had not received my money. He said he would look into it but if someone pays by card ( which they did) the card terminal may have not received the money as yet,
I was unsure of this. Because I've not received any money I will not sign any papers signing it over to the new people.
They are in the caravan from that Friday.
Many phone calls and texts the Manager fobs me off with " well it's not gone through yet? I find this hard to believe.
I feel something is certainly not right . Now I feel I would like to have my caravan back as its not been paid for. Would like to have my caravan back , would I be within my right to do this?
I need some legal advice please. Thank you

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 7 days or say you will go to Court within 7 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Could I have he caravan back .....Thank you

Yes. You can apply to Court for that instead. But you wont be able to do it online.

Does that clarify?

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you