How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I purchased a car on high purchase in 2015. I have paid over

Customer Question

Hi there,
my name is***** purchased a car on high purchase in 2015. I have paid over one third of the owed money. fall behind in payment due to changed of circumstances in employment. requested the company car to allow me pay in instalment and they refused. requested to voluntary return the car as I had already made some enquiry, on the issue, never got a response from them, when I followed it up, I was told that I was in arrears, but when I requested to make payments in instalments, they refused. To my amazement, they notified me today that they are coming to repossess the car. kindly advise.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Are you asking if you can stop them from doing that?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Do you have the paper contract?

What does it say on this point?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Text would do for now
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you there mum?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not have a copy of the contract at the moment. I cannot remember which file I kept it.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry but I cannot tell you what is in your contract I'm afraid.

Without that we have no idea what they are entitled to do or not do.