Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

1-I BOOKED WITH TURKISH AIRLINES THROUGH TRAVEL AGENT FOR MY

1-I BOOKED WITH TURKISH AIRLINES THROUGH TRAVEL AGENT FOR MY FAMILY TRAVEL PACKAGE TO PERFORM UMRA PILGRIMAGE IN DEC 2016
2- ON DEPARTURE DAY OF 14 DEC 2016 FROM LONDOPN HEATHROW [TERMINAL 2] WE WERE MISTREATED, DISCRIMINATED AND UNREASONABLY DELAYED AT THE CHECK-IN ON 14 DEC AFTERNOON BY THE TURKISH AIRLINES CHECK-IN ATTENDANTS
3- FINALLY WE WERE DENIED BOARDING OUR FLIGHT TK 1986 BECAUSE THEY ALLEDGED THAT ONE MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY GROUP LACKED VALID UMRA VISA.
ACTUALLY ALL OUR 5 UMRA VISA WERE ISSUED BY THE CONSULATE OF SAUDI KINGDOM EMBASSY IN UK.
4- THE CHECK-IN ATTENDANTS MADE AN UN-SUBSTATIATED ISSUE OF VALIDITY FOR ONE VISA STAMPED IN ARABIC LANGUAGE ON THE UK TRAVEL DOCUMENT, WHILE THE OTHER 4 UMRA VISA WERE STAMPED IN ARABIC AND ENGLISH LAGUAGES ON THE BRITISH PASSPORTS - AND CONSEQUENTLY DENIED ALL 5 OF US TO BOARD OUR FLIGHT AND CAUSED WE MISS TRAVEL TO OUR UMRA PILGRIMAGE.
5-WE COMPLAINED THAT ALL 5 UMRA VISAS WERE VALID BECAUSE ISSUED FOM SAME CONSULATE AND TEXTS STAMPED IN ARABIC AND ENGLISH WERE EQUIVALENT WORDING OF "UMRA VISA"
6- WE COMPLAINED AGAINST DECISION TO PENALIZE ALL OTHER 4 MEMBERS WITH UN-QUESTIONED UMRA VISA BRITISH PASSPORTS STAMPED IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND DENY BOARDING THE BOOKED FLIGHT TAKING OFF AT 16.20 PM
7- WE COMPLAINED TO THE HEAD OF TURKISH AIRLINES TERMINAL 2 OFFICE AND WE WERE PROMISED TO BE PUT ON NEXT FLIGHT DEPARTING LATER AT AROUND 5.00 - 6.00 PM THAT SAME AFTERNOON. WE ACCEPTED TO BOARD THAT ALTERNATIVE FLIGHT BUT UNFORTUNATELY IT DID NOT MATERIALIZE
WE COMPLAINED ASKING THE REIMBURSEMENT OF 5 AIR TICKETS TO THYE TURKISH AIRLINES OFFICE IN UK AND TO NHEAD OFFICE IN ISTANBUL TO THEIR GENERAL MANAGER AND TO THEI CHIEF EXECUTIVE.
KINDLY ASK YOUR HELP AND ADVICE
MRS RAMA AHMED BARAKOW

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you get charged in £ here in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DEAR JAMIE-LAW SOLICITOR
I WAS DISAPPOINTED BY YOUR ANSWER AND LEGAL ADVICE.
1] I EXPECTED YOU WILL HELP CLARIFY TO ME WHERE AND HOW TURKISH AIRLINES WRONGED ME SPECIFICALLY
1.1] THE PROLONGED DELAY AT THE CHECK-IN CAUSED TO ME AND MY FAMILY GROUP BY THE TURKISH AIRLINES ATTENDANTS
1.2] THE USEFULNESS OF THEIR APOLOGY ANSWER ADMITTING THEIR STAFF MISBEHAVIOUR BUT SAYING NOTHING ABOUT THE DAMAGES WE SUFFERED
1.3] THE TURKISH AIRLINES ATTENDANTS DECISION TO ALLEDGEWRONGLY THAT ONE MEMBER'S UMRA VISA WAS NOT VALID AND AFTERWARDS TO DENY ALL OTHER MEMBERS TO BOARD OUR BOOKED FLIGHT TK 1986
WITHOUT PROVING THE NON-VALIDITY OF THE ALLEGED UMRA VISA OF ONE PASSENGER AND MOREOVER DENYING ALSO BOARDING OF BOOKED FLIGHT TO OTHE 4 MEMBERS WITH UNQUESTIONED VALID UMRA VISAS
AND CAUSING WE ALL MISSED OUR FLIGHT AND THE UMRA PILGRIMAGE WE PLANNED SINCE LONG TIME
1.4] AND FINALLY HOW TURKISH AIRLINES INITIALLY ADMITTED THEIR STAFF'S ERROR AND PROMISED TO CORRECT IT PROMISING TO PUT ALL OF US ON A NEXT FLIGHT LATER THAT SAME AFTERNOON BUT UNFORTUNATELY BACKTRACKED ON THEIR PROMISE AND LEFT US UNASSISTED AND WITHOUT COMPENSATION OF DAMAGES WE SUFFERED AND EVEN WITHOUT REIMBURSEMENENT OF THE VALID AND REGULARLY PAID AND . BOOKED AIR TICKETS.
FINALLY I EXPECTED YOU WOULD HELP ME WITH MY COMPLAINT AND REQUEST OF THE COMPENSATION THAT I AM ENTITLED TO BY LAW.
I AWAIT YOUR POSITIVE ANSWER AT THE EARLIEST.THANK YOU AND BEST REGARDS
YOURS SINCERELY ***** ***** AHMED BARAKOW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANK YOU

I told you how to seek compensation. That is your remedy in law.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I WILL RATE YOUR ANSWER BUT FIRST I NEED FROM YOU HOW DO I ARGUE MY COMPENSATION TO TURKISH AIRLINES ?
SHALL I ASK
[1] ONLY THE REIMBURSEMENT OF THE 5 AIR TICKETS
[2] OR I CAN REQUEST IN ADDITION TO THEREIMBURSEMENT OF THE AIR TICKETS ALSO THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL LOSS I SUFFERED BECAUSE OF THE DENIED BOARDING OF OUR BOOKED FLIGHT AND CONSEQUENT MISS OF OUR TRAVEL OF UMRA PILGRIMAGE ?THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND LEGAL ADVICE
BEST REGARDS YOURS MRS RAMA AHMED BARAKOW

You argue it's a breach of the consumer rights act 2015. You claim as much compensation as you can.

However I don't think you would get more than £50,000 (fifty thousand pounds) in compensation.

Does that clairfy?