Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

The tenants in the property I rent out are being difficult.

The tenants in the property I rent out are being difficult.I have a CCJ against them for unpaid rent and further to this a first possession hearing in August that has a further money claim attached.They have maliciously accused my husband of harassment.I have given them almost four weeks notice of a property inspection with a reminder one week in advance.The tenant has now said it is not convenient and that I will have to arrange a different date.As a side note she also stated that she had already told me it was not convenient however this is not true and is something she always says just because it suits her.Because I have given more than adequate notice am I able to go and enter the property with my key or not?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This question wa posted at 9.53am at approx 10.15am I was informed that an answer would be forthcoming in 8 minutes. It is now 11.27 and have been told the wait time is again 8 minutes.what is the delay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no answer after 3.5 hours. What is the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do need an answer as soon as possible but am willing to wait.I must say though that I do find it just a little missleading that I keep getting the message that there is an eight minute wait for an answer.I am paying £38 a month for the privilege of this site and although I appreciate that this is way below the costs of engaging local legal advice it is still a service I am paying for.If I don't have an answer regarding this by the end of business today I will have to consider cancelling my membership.Regards
Carol
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. I understand your frustrating, we are trying to find an Expert to assist! I apologise also for the site issues.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What stage are proceedings, if any, for possession?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a first possession hearing on 11th August.Before she accused my husband of harassment I had set a dat for a property inspection. This gave her 4weeks notice.She says it's not convenient and has given a dat that is supposedly the date she is vacating thenproperty but she has not actually told me. It is just hearsay.I want to be able to inspect the property before she goes so that I can point out the areas of concern and give her an opportunity to rectify as necessary.However my question is as I have given adequate notice am I able to go and use my key to enter and do the inspection or not?Actually while you're here I might as well ask... if she does leave before the possession hearing do I informe the court they have gone but still have the case heard for the arrears to be sorted ?Thank you

If your agreement allows for inspection and you have given notice, then yes you can.

That is UNLESS the agreement says the tenant must consent. If the agreement says the tenant must consent to an inspection then you can't.

If the tenant has left then you still should go to Court as you can get a Court Judgment in the arrears.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is something in the tenancy agreement. It states : At all reasonable times during the term of this agreement and any renewal of this agreement, the Landlord and its agents may enter the property to make inspections or repairs, or to show the property to prospective tenants or purchasers upon 24 hours notice to the tenant and any notice required by the Act except in emergencies.It then goes on to list some, but not all, emergency stiuations.

Ok - then you can give 24 hours and enter.

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much.

No problem!