Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have been suspended from a singles club for inappropriate

I have been suspended from a singles club for inappropriate behaviour , with no evidence and which certainly is untrue . It seems to be a few women that are accusing me and tarnishing my good character . How do I respond ?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you agree to certain terms? What does that say about suspension?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jamie , the club is not adhering to its own rules ! All I want is to clear my name ! I don't even know what I've been accused of as they won't tell me , or who has complained . Another member heard all this being discussed in a public cafe last weekend with my name being mentioned ! She was appalled .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a case for defamation of character as it has been fabricated to the limit !

Potentially but if you want to spend £20,000+ and issue proceedings in the High Court (the only way you can do this) then I would not bother.

However you could argue there is a breach of the data protection act by having this disclosed in a cafe.

That seems by far your strongest point. You can complain to the Information Commissioner who can investigate the matter and prosecute if necessary.

They offer a free, independent service at: www.ico.org.uk

Can I clarify anything for you about his today please?

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Many thanks Jamie , I have put my arguament about the data protection act and will see what happens .

All the best.