How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 72703
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was issued a fixed penalty notice which was not for the

This answer was rated:

I was issued a fixed penalty notice which was not for the offence that I had commited. Have i got any grounds for not paying?

Are you prepared to go to court ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Then you just refuse the fixed penalty and invite them to summons you.

If they do summons you then you contest the matter in the normal way at court.

They can amend the charge. That happens fairly regularly.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you