I have been contacted by the police who stated my previous

I have been contacted by the police who stated my previous employer has made an allegation of fraud against me. Whilst employed by them I did some work for a research company who paid for the work in vouchers. My employer was aware of the work and they received further monetary payments from the research company for work they undertook. I used the vouchers to pay for supplies for the office, flowers or gifts for staff and if I had worked overtime to pay for my time. I left the company after feeling bullied and unsupported by them at the end of November 2016

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not know what to do. The police have said if I pay the money back then the company may consider not taking it to court. However I feel I acted in good faith and the company have never brought the matter to my attention directly. I was advised by the police to get legal advice on how to take this forward

So what is your question about this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What should I do should I accept responsibility and if the company wish to press charges what is the likely outcome

What is the sum of the fraud roughly?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They say about £2500
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can you advise please

do you accept that sum?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would have to see the invoices and these are at my previous place of work but it sounds roughly right

Okay. Do you have any previous?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'what do you do'. Obviously you are being investigated. You either make a comment interview or you make a no comment interview.

I cannot really say which would be appropriate. I haven't had vision of their evidence against you. I think, overall, it is not likely that they would offer a caution so a no comment interview is the right thing to do.

I do think they are offering a conditional caution but then you would have to repay the money and admit the offence. I wouldn't repay on any other basis. Otherwise you are just admitting the offence.