Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I am in the process of selling my house. My buyers

I am in the process of selling my house. My buyers solicitors seem to think I have not provided them with the correct deeds(indentures!). I have sent the original documentation provided by old solicitor who arranged for me to have the TITLE ABSOLUTE which I have. Having purchased on the 2nd of September 2002.
The original indenture was in the form of a 999 year lease dated 17 of June 1927 - FROM 21 December 1925.
Apparently, he obtained details of an old lease registration which appeared to be I my name!. He quoted that there was no reason why the two title numbers should not exist side by side as there were sound legal reasons for leaving this as it is. Can this all be sorted by my buyers solicitors going through the Land Register offices?

Hi, could you please confirm the Land Registry title number of your property? I am not 100% clear on what you mean by "old lease registration...." if you could clarify.

Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Title no of my property is Bl 56076.
I think the old lease is the original one from 1927. For which I obtained the freehold title Absolute

Thanks, ***** ***** you just let me know what number you live at? Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bs42ur

Hi, I have just found your property on the Land Registry portal. Your freehold to number 76 is as stated by you and you also have a registered Leasehold interest under Title Number BL21789, so you just need to provide official copies of the Leasehold title as you will be selling both titles. This is not a problem whatsoever, and is pretty standard stuff!

I hope this clarifies the position.

If so, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer (top right of your screen).

Thanks Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKYOU so much. I have sent the original lease to the solicitor plus the copies of both titles should this suffice?

Hi, yes, that is all you need to do. Sounds like you know more than your Buyers Solicitor!! Please could you rate my answer if I have assisted. Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The other question from the buyers solicitors is , is there another lease from 1925 other than the original already sent???

Hi, thanks for rating my answer. I haven't seen the Official copies for the former Leasehold interest, but unless there is also an unregistered Underlease I don't think there is an issue. Can you send me the Official copies for the Leasehold interest? Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much but I am not sure how to send you a copy!?, doing this by my I phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could I get this information myself by contacting the LAND REGISTRY DIRECTLY

Hi, ok.

Well, if you could look at the Leasehold Official copies and let me know whether or not it mentions any other Lease other than in the Property Register where it will set out the details of the Lease for which the Title Number relates (it will say- Lease dated xxx , term of years xxxx). Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the property register copy from the LR for Title number BL21789.
IT GOES AS FOLLOWS.A: Property Register
City of Bristol
1. (22.12.1970) The Leasehold land shown edged with red on the plan of the above Title filed st the Registry and being***** Knowle, (BS4 2UR).
2. The mines and minerals below a depth of 500 feet from the surface are excepted.
3. Short particulars of the lease (s) (or under-lease(s) ) under which the land is held:
DATE: 27 June 1927
Term: 999 years from 21 December 1925
RENT: £4.15s.0d
PARTIES: 1. The Bristol Coorporation
2. George ***** *****B: Proprietorship Register
Title Good Leasehold
1. (10.12.1998) Proprietor: David Saunders of***** Knowle, Bristol BS4 2UR.Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what the buyers solicitors said: 'Please provide us with the Lease dated 21.12.1925. You have sent an indenture dated 17 June 1927. Please provide us with the correct Lease.'
I believe what I sent them is the correct original document - it's the only one I ever had. Feeling confused!

Hi, thanks.

The Lease/Indenture dated 27th June 1927 represents the Leasehold title, so any other document appears to be irrelevant to me. You will need to go back to him and ask for an explanation as to the relevance of the Lease dated 21/12/1925.

Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for all your help. I at least feel satisfied that I have fulfilled all that has been asked of me to send.
One last brief question which has been really bugging me the original lease was dated as a Term of 999 years FROM 21/12/ 1925 and dated 17 of June 1925. It's the word FROM THAT maybe the difficulty?. Whatever sincere thanks your comments re this would be appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry mistake, dated17 June 1927!!!

Hi, thanks. All long term Leases often have a start date (21/12/25), before the date of the actual Lease (17/6/27) so this won't be the reason for the Buyers Solicitors query.

Good Luck! Best Wishes Al