Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I had been dsmissed from work, due the word miscondut in my

I had been dsmissed from work, due the word miscondut in my dismissal letter my insurance for unemployment has decided not to pay me. My company has settled with me for wrongfully dismissal, I did contact my insurance hoping that they would reconsider my payment, but their decision still stands. How do I go about it getting the insurance to pay.

Is there a clause in the insurance policy stating that if you are dismissed as a consequence of your misconduct that the policy is void?

What happened with your employer, what did you do?

Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
After completing the job I sent the job to the wrong banker, I was the 6th person to have done this but somehow I was the only one to be dismissed.

On what basis did your employer settle with you for "wrongful dismissal did they accept that you should not have been dismissed?

Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I don't know my employer has locked my file and it looks like only a lawyer can look into the file.

What do you mean by the company has settled with you for wrongful dismissal?

Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I had an employment lawyer who looked into my case and the company offered me a settlement. I did disputes the insurance decision but the insurance company claims misconduct means I was either dishonest, stealing or fraudulent and they unable to pay out.

You could threaten to report the insurers to the Insurance Ombudsman since you were not dishonest, stealing , or fraudulent and this is just a convenient assumption. You made a mistake and it may be worth asking your ex employer to confirm that you were not any of the above.

I hope this helps. If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Kindly rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you where do I go to rate you.

You can either simply "accept" the answer or there is a smiley rating system.

Michael