My house was raided by the police for drugs they found £80

my house was raided by the police for drugs they found £80 pounds of cannabis some in my sons bedroom some in the kitchen but they were stalks and some in my sons car with scales. they arrested everybody in the house me and 2 son's. My son has admitted all the cannabis is his and he smoked it they took our phones and on my sons phone there might be message about dealing. My phone will have nothing on it about drugs. We got interviewed and said no comment apart from the son who had admitted everything was his. What do think will happen to me and my sons

Hi - was he growing it in your house? was your other son involved?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no he said it was his personal use defiantly not growing
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my other son not involved
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my main concern is if they can charge me with anything as I have heard horror stories about proceed of crime act can tskevyour home off you I have been working for 30 years and never done anything wrong. We we're all released under investigation and not under any bail
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We were all released on alleged offence being concern in the supply of class B drug
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
also the scales were found in his car parked up in the back garden would this make any difference as they won't found in the house
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
if my son has admitted to everything can they charge me with anything as being the owner

Okay. So what would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
if they can do me for anything because iam the owner of the House and this is first offence for all of us and only a little amount found £80 for my son personal use

There is an offence of allowing your property to be used for the consumption of drugs but it is not particularly likely that they would.

It is a rarely used offence really for things like crack houses.

Where they can prosecute the possessor they do not usually use this offence.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you for that reply I was worried sick thinking they would take the house of me. If they find dealing texts on my sons phone do you think he would be done for intent to supply

Oh yes, if they find dealing texts then they would.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what do you think his sentence would be first time offender with a low amount of cannabis

Are they going to find dealing texts?

I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK I will rate when finished unless you want me to rate it know because it says Finnish and rate answer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yeah they will find dealing texts

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will rate your answer now
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
they will find texts

they would probably consider him a street dealer then.

If so, then it would be a category three offence with probably a significant role.

That would render the starting point custody but they would probably suspend it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you for your help

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile

Customer: replied 8 months ago.