12826847

I just recieved a parking fine from a private firm one

I just recieved a parking fine from a private firm one parking solution dated from 31.3.17 . The fine is camera footage no parking ticket was issued date of sending the fine was 19th july, is this legal.

Do the DVLA have the right address for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is correct

What is?

That they do?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The private parking firm got my details from dvla.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this parking fine legal

Yes, so do the DVLA have the correct details for your car and where it is kept ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have you told them who the driver was?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i have not

They are too late to issue a fine that engages the provision of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.

What that will mean is that they cannot demand from you the identity of the driver or, in default, hold you liable as the registered keeper.

That doesn't mean the fine is unlawful or enforceable per se. They have six years to issue as this is basically a contract dispute.

They have to prove that you were the driver. The old case law did assist them but you could still ask them to prove it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your clarification, your answer helps

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/