31090051

I am a dentist undertaking a specialty programme at an NHS

Hi, I am a dentist undertaking a specialty programme at an NHS hospital in the UK. One of the patients I treated left a defamatory review online which states my full name and contains false statements and accusations. I was shocked and embarrassed to be informed by a colleague. I never had any confrontation with that patient before or after the review was left, I treated them with every respect and empathy during their short treatment plan, and the whole process followed the standard protocol and everything is documented. I reported the matter to the website showing the review (google) multiple times, no action was taken and I've not heard back.Is there anything I can do legally? Can I sue her for defamation?Your assistance and advice would be really appreciated.Kind regards

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. If the remarks made about you are untrue and they have been published and communicated to others, all of which is the case then you can sue for damages for defamation. You should see a solicitor to help you with this. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your reply. Can you please suggest a particular firm or person that has experience in this field who can help me? Many thanks.

You could try Harper MacLeod in Glasgow.