Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Would like some advice, I have been living with my partner

Hi my name is ***** ***** like some advice, I have been living with my partner for 12 years about 3 years ago he was having a affair with my sister which I forgive him for. He is still married to his wife he works in London which I'm sure he is using brothels down there not only that he is ringing his wife and text her blowing her kisses. He has a house but I'm not on the mortgage and he also has a business. Where do I stand thank you karen
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Still waiting for an answer

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm:

-Are there any formal agreements or deeds of trust between you?

-Do you have any children together, if so how old?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No deeds no trust no children

Thanks for confirming. Unfortunately the news is not great. In the absence of any formal agreements, you will have no rights to seek any split of assets or finances from him - cohabitation, even if it is for a very long time, raises no rights against each other under English law.

I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for but if you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I carnt afford to call u or sign up to any subscription only wanted advice I only earn £550 pound a month my partner keeps all the money

No worries - do let me know if you have any other questions.

In the meantime if you found my information provided helpful please could provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.