How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11844
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

I am a sub contractor carpenter and was working for a

This answer was rated:

I am a sub contractor carpenter and was working for a constructor . On return from holiday in March this year they kept me waiting for several weeks with the excuse of no company vehicles available, eventually we parted company and they still owe me over £ 1000.00 . Can I presume this matter? I have all the relevant documentation

Hello - do you mean resume this matter for payment?

F E Smith and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct, and maybe perdue other financial agreements with this company with your advice.

It was a pleasure to speak to you.

Send them the following email:

Further to my previous emails, I’m disappointed that I’ve had neither response no payment in respect of the outstanding sum of £XXX, which was due at the end of March 2017.

I’m also disappointed that you have not honoured the agreement to pay me in respect of holidays and bank holidays and I calculate that in that respect, the sum of £YYY is due.

The reason for this final email is to put you on notice that unless full payment in respect of the above is received by no later than 5 PM on Friday, 28 July 2017 I will issue Small Claims Court proceedings without further notice.

If I do issue Small Claims Court proceedings it will also include a claim for statutory interest at 8% per annum under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 and the statutory fixed sum of £70 under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations.

Any judgement received against you will be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law.

If you ignore this email, the next correspondence will be court proceedings issued directly by the court.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Here is a link which explains the late payment legislation

and here is the link to the Small Claims Court where you issue the small claims court proceedings

Kind regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can somebody please reply to my last two emails

I’m afraid that I only deal with questions on here, other than my last reply to you on 24 July which was in response to your post of the same day, there has been no communication from you until this last posting asking for a reply to the emails. If you could let me know what it’s about, I can try to assist.