F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.

Madam I purchased book from one of most famous university in

Dear sir,madam
I purchased book from one of most famous university in UK through online and after payment shipment should be done within 2 weeks bur after long time waiting more than 6 weeks I contacted then and their excuse was inability to trace the package and it lost in airmail and they offer for free compensation and to get it in expressed traceable way recommend for extra charge for DHL service within 3-4 days , I agreed due to have no other options and after payment I received email telling me this book not available in stock and needs 2 weeks to get it before start shipping .I was angry for this non transparency communications but no other choice and kept waiting for more than one month and still didn't get the book ,I wrote email to them again but they didn't reply this time
I dont know what to do should I sue them or just forget the whole matter as the total value of book with delivery fee is $200 and definitely the lawyer fee will be much much higher than the value of book
please advice me

Hello - which university was this? and you have had no contact since?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Oxford university press since 21/7/2017 was the date of my email
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I prefer typing for better understanding

Have you paid just the one fee of $200 and if so, how did you pay that?

If by card, was it credit card or debit card?

Is it the case that the book has still not arrived?

Are you saying that initially they replied to all your communications but now they just ignore you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
1st time I payed for book and regular delivery fee but because as they said it's lost by untraceable method they advice me to pay for express traceable method with extra charges for express delivery or go through same regular delivery way which suppose to take 2 weeks
Yes they were communicating with me until my last email when I asked them why I still didn't get that book
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Payment was through credit card

Thank you. Which country are you in?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Kuala Lumpur / Malaysia

If you were in the UK, then the Consumer Credit Act section 75 would help you because it puts liability onto the Credit Card company along with the merchant and therefore, the credit card company would refund you.

If you have a UK credit card company then you may be able to file a section 75 claim to get your money back.

If it is a credit card from any other country, there may be similar legislation so it would be worthwhile enquiring of a law you are in the country from the credit card base.

Other than that, there is probably very little you can do because of the distance involved. It would certainly not be worth taking the matter to court unless you visit the UK regularly.

I would certainly revisit the credit card company to see whether there is anything similar to the UK Section 75 legislation

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Please take a moment to look at the top right hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen. It’s important you use the rating service because that gives me credit. It doesn’t just give me a pat on the head! All you need to do is press Submit. Thank you. If you still need any point clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.