31090051

I am an Executor for my uncle's Will which was drawn up in

I am an Executor for my uncle's Will which was drawn up in 2005.He passed way last month leaving the balance of his estate to be divided one quarter to his brother, one quarter to each of two nephews and one twelfth to each of two other nephews and one niece. Despite being advised to do so he made no provision in his will for any beneficiary predeceasing himself.Two beneficiaries namely his brother and one nephew have predeceased him at the date of his death.What is the position with the share of the estate left to the two deceased beneficiaries?
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In Dundee Scotland
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not sure what you mean by this?
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Thank for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. If there are no other brother or sisters, any children of the deceased brother will get his share and the nephew's share will be shared between all surviving nieces and nephews. If the brother has no children the surviving nephews and nieces share the whole of predeceasing relatives shares. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.