Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am a publican and hotelier. Last week a group of local

I am a publican and hotelier. Last week a group of local parents were enjoying a drink in the lower pub garden and allowed thier childern to run amoke, disturbing other guests in the upper gardens, unseen, but certainly not unheard.
One of the parents apparently left a bag in the upper gardens, and claims another guest has damage the contents of the bag (a camera) and is now pursuing me for damages.
I maintain that guests property is their own responsibility whilst on the premises.
Please advise
Trevor Bandey

Hello Trevor my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Do you have any signs saying that you have no responsibility for items left?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at the entrance to the pub

Ok - then you are not liable.

As such you exclude responsibility and are not liable.

In any event it would not be reasonable to expect you to Police the grounds or have staff do it.

The person that should be pursued is the person that damage the bag.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am I at liberty to divuldge the personal details of the person allegedly responsible who was a resident at the hotel?

If the court orders, then yes.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I thought but good to have confirmation. Thanks

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!